Tuesday, August 28, 2012

If it does not challenge you it will not change you!

Day 24
I woke up with out much sleep with this thought, I am the happiest I’ve ever been which also makes me the saddest. Polar opposites but so true, I am eternally grateful for the most wonderful family and friends anyone could ever have. Yet I am sadden by the overwhelming reality that nothing last forever.  One hundred years ago ranchers lived on the same road I live on. They had families and children, dreams and hopes. All that is left is the wooden skeletons of their homes and their essence blowing in the wind. And so is true of all of us. 
Live every moment to its fullest, live out loud, and full of love! Breath in every ounce of every moment, hug everyone you love every chance you get. Because, to quote a great song, it won’t mean a thing in a hundred years!
Bone yard to redneck ridge than back home to the most precious things in my life and a party to celebrate all that is good in life!!! I love you all!

Day 25
Pretty chill day. Still people left over from the Rainbow neck festival. Kids played all morning and just great conversation with great friends, and great coffee!
Did not drink at my own party, but I was oh so tempted by the thought of a cold beer by the fire late night. Instead I went to bed and was happy with that decision come morning!  I got a really mellow jog in, running behind my daughter on her bike. Then I camped in the front yard last night with her, she loves sleeping in tents!

Day 26
Meet with the trainer today and he kicked my ass. I mean he annulated any thoughts I had that I was getting in shape. I almost puked; I think I might have squealed a couple of times.  Is it possible to hate a tire? Who knew it was so hard to jog holding a sledge hammer over my head? IIt was hard, but I made it through and I enjoyed it, maybe even loved it?.
There is something great about working out when you do not have to think. The trainer has everything ready to go and I just have to perform. He set me up for my next couple of weeks and encouraged me to try and take 5min off my 5k time this week. He said it is all in my head at this point and shouldn’t be that hard, we’ll see about that.
We have also been talking about me starting to work for him part time and getting certified as a trainer which I am really excited about.  
This is hard work, and I realize that no matter how good of shape I get into, it is always going to be hard work!

Day 27
Got a guy from the AmericInn corporate office in town, seems like a nice guy. We’ll see how his review of the hotel goes, got to meet those brand standards!
I am going to get in a mellow 45 minute run today. Just running anywhere from 5-6 on the treadmill pretty tired from yesterday, but not too sore. I set up my schedule for the next couple of weeks last night.  As I was doing it I realized just how life changing this is. I have a work out set up for almost the next 20 days straight with two rest days sprinkled in there.  Just a guess but it probably took me 3 months to get twenty workouts in before!
If it does not challenge you it can not change you!

No comments:

Post a Comment