Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Mountain Lion and Iron

Day 19
Monday Morning! Good bike ride yesterday, 13 miles 57 minutes. Think I am going to head to the gym today.  I feel like lifting some weights.  Need to get rid of some stress. Just one of those weeks where nothing bad has really happen, but I don’t know. Every job I have ever had has just been about making money. I have never worked anywhere that I loved. Maybe no body really likes their job, but I have always had this fantasy that someday I will find something I like, and be able to support my family..  Hopefully it is not getting too late in the game. Currently I probably have one of the best jobs in this area so I am not really complaining about my job, just that I am unable to have a ton of passion for it. Most of the time I am babysitting my employees that are 10-15 years older than me, the other half of the time I am babysitting the guest, most of which are type A pilots. For the record anyone wanting to become a pilot, know that you will just be a glorified bus driver with possibly the worlds worst work schedule.
I am getting off topic. Just been one of those weeks. Hopefully a little work out will lift the spirits?

Day 20
Great workout in the Gym yesterday! I pushed my self so much harder than I usually do. I keep bringing this up, but normally where I would stop a work out or a set seems to be the half way point. I have not even been counting reps until I already feel like I can’t do anymore.
Later in the evening on my drive home I saw a mountain lion. This was a first for me and defiantly has me contemplating my next trail run. I am going to stand up from this computer right now and go run on the treadmill. Not because of the lion, but because I am stuck at work.
On a really exciting note I am already starting to see my abs for the first time since I was about 13. Eating is going well, but I have to do a better job tracking my calories. I am not really a big eater and am finding it hard to shove 2500 calories in my mouth.
Also exciting is that I have had two people tell me that I have encouraged them to start their own fitness journey, and that has been the most rewarding thing yet.  Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment