Saturday, September 1, 2012

The happiest people do not have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have!

Day 28
I only ended up running for a bout 38 minutes because I kept getting distracted by work. It was a good mellow run to follow up the crazy work out from the day before. Today I will head to the Gym for a little iron. Always watch a little Arnold before heading in!

Day 29
Lifting weights is fun! The gym did not disappoint. Saw my trainer there working with other people and I was glad I was doing my own thing. Although I am constantly pushing myself beyond my comfort zone!
Today I went for a road ride and just hammered hills for about 35 minutes. Not as long as I would have liked but I felt like I really got after it in the time I had. I am taking today and tomorrow off to be with my family. It is so rare that I get to take two days in a row off and already today I have gotten multiple calls from work. I am jealous of people who actually get days off from work.

Day 30
I had to go into work first thing this morning to take care of a few things. That is right this is my second day off, kind of?
The rest of the day was spent in Vail with my awesome family. I cheated a little on the diet with some low fat yogurt, and had to help my daughter clean up her mint chocolate chip cone a couple of times.
I hammered a treadmill workout late last night. Finished as the sun was just dropping below the horizon and I let out a yell to remind the universe that I am around.  I’ve started adding reps to this workout!

Day 31
An official month down and I am pretty excited as to how things are going. People are starting to comment on my appearance. That definitely helps keep the motivation up a bit. Although it is not the biggest factor, far more satisfying is the knowledge that I have stuck to this for 31 days and have no feeling of wanting to give up.
It is difficult to find time to train, but thanks to my wife I have been able to keep this up. I am going to go on a mountain bike ride later and am really looking forward to it. I can not stress enough the support this takes from the people in your life. My wife has found the patience to let me work out even in the face of two tired kids and a puppy we are babysitting, and again I can not really say enough about her!
One month down and eleven to go!  I am torn about only one night. Should I or should I not have a couple drinks at my buddies wedding at the end of the month? I think it will be a last minute decision. I am leaning towards no, although a little vodka on the tongue sounds awesome! Only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment