Friday, August 24, 2012

Clear your mind of can’t...

Day 21
Ran 3.2 miles yesterday in 28.48, one of my goals is to knock about 10 min off that time so I have a long way to go. I am going to rest today and take my daughter camping. This has been a really bad work week for me. Hope it gets better soon.

Day 22
Camping with my daughter was one of the best experiences of my life. She is such a great little kid and a really cool person to hang out with.  Rest day felt good,  but I did cheat a little, couple of marsh mellows by the campfire?

All in all it was a good day 22. It is a fact that if you want to create a habit you must consistently do something for twenty one days. Well hopefully this new lifestyle is a habit now and forever.
Today I continued this habit with a 10 mile mountain bike ride up to Sylvan Lake. I towed my daughter up there in her chariot which defiantly adds a bit of a challenge. The ride took about 1 hour 15 minutes round trip, with a couple quick stops. Last ½ mile is a bitch, stayed in the second ring the whole time.

Day 23
 I did the Treadmill workout today, still the hardest workout I do. Such an ass kicker, and man do I sweat.  

While all that sweat is dripping off of me I am reminded just how hard this endeavor is. Whatever the outcome at the end of this year, one thing is certain. I will have worked harder than I ever have in my entire life and I will no doubt be mentally and physically stronger.
Early morning mountain bike tomorrow followed by the Rainbow Neck Festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment