Sunday, August 5, 2012

359 days to go!

Day 5
Today was a perfect Colorado day, and a quick warm up run in the white river national forest could not have been more beautiful. Despite waking up feeling sore I had a great run once I got going, kind of felt like I was floating, no soreness and lungs felt great.
Did the treadmill work out in the front yard and made it through all four sets again. Although I can not make it through the 20 pushups after the first set, I end up breaking them into two sets of 10. Leg thrusters are hard and I end up stopping after 10 taking a couple breaths before doing the final five. A great sign of accomplishment for me will be when I just crush this treadmill workout.
Most of what I did today was help take care of my sick four year old, who was puking with a fever. I felt really bad for her and ended up sleeping in her bed all night to take care of her, hopefully the sickness doesn’t get me.
Part of my dinner tonight was a fresh salad out of my wife’s incredible garden! She is an amazing gardener and it is awesome to be able to walk outside to get vegetables.

Day 6
Rest day! Not really feeling that sore today. My daughter is feeling better!!
Another just awesome day here in the CO! As I mention earlier I am currently living outside of town in the middle of the Colorado wilderness.  We have no neighbors for as far as the eye can see, and the solitude is perfect. The more time we spend out there the more my wife and I are starting to love the feeling of living like this. We have been blessed enough to have live in a similar situation in Vermont years ago but had forgotten how much it suits us. We are however just renting/caretaking this place so our future here is indefinite. We are enjoying ever minute, because like everything in life it is not forever! 
Next year we may be living in a condo in Vail again or maybe Vermont? Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment