Friday, August 10, 2012

Seven ate nine....and 10, and 11.

Day 7

Day 7 went well. This treadmill workout is no joke. I puked again after it, trying to stomach a  protein powder and water mix? Despite that I felt great! Food is going well. I am just so focused on the outcome I really have not had the craving to cheat yet. I am only seven days in, well see at seven weeks if I feel the same way.

Day 8
No treadmill workout today!! On my way to go rip a Boneyard on my mountain bike. This week is five days of working out. I can not remember the last time I put in five days in a row of work outs? It was probably in high school, or five days straight snowboarding before kiddos. I am going to stop writing this and head out for a ride! Such a nice day here!!
Ha… Wow what an ass kicking. I think my body was expecting a rest day, but off we went for a Boneyard (5.75 miles, 1000ft elevation gain, steep ass decent) which usually takes me a little less than an hour. Yesterday it took me an hour and a half. I am pretty sure I should have had more calories when I went out. 

I can usually make it up most of this on my second ring, but yesterday my legs were not there so I had to granny gear up which makes the technical parts harder. By ¾ of the way up I started to feel a little better but I think I was just a bit delirious. I missed a turn at the top to the pool and ice rink decent and actually had to climb the road back up. When I got to my car and started to get off the bike I was not sure I was going to be able to stand up,  lower back was so sore.
After an awesome dinner, chicken with quinoa and zucchinis from the garden, we put the kids to bed and then ourselves. I slept well last night!

Day Nine
Treadmill workout today… I am paying really close attention to my diet today. Not just what I eat but when I eat it. I hope this will help with my energy level during today’s work out. We’ll see…?
Food timing is key.  Had a great work out today, feeling good!

Day 10
Awesome mountain bike ride 8.65 miles felt really good. Not too technical of a ride, but good fun single track. Feeling really positive and motivated.
Went to the Thursday night concert and probably cheated a little on the caloric intake. All really healthy food, all home made, but I ate a lot and it was good!

Day 11
Treadmill workout today and I pretty much have this thing dialed. I always feel like I am or should be done half way through, but I keep going and make all four sets, and it is defiantly getting easier.

I get the weekend to rest, no workouts. I am going to watch what I eat really close and figure out what mountain bike ride I am going to do on Monday.  Next meeting with the personal trainer is on Tuesday and I am a bit nervous, but excited to see where this goes.
These past two weeks have been a good start. Really challenging, but I feel like I am already in better shape then when I started. The only real revelation that I have had is that this is going to take a lot of hard work and time. Being in great shape is a life style choice and other things are going to have to go away to make time. I cancelled a lot of my cable channels to help pay for my personal trainer and coincidently I notice that I have watched almost no television lately. I’ve tried watching some of the Olympics, but for the most they are boring.
It has been eleven days so only 354 days until I reward myself with a beer. I wonder if I will want one by than?  I wonder what my body will look like 354days from now? I wonder how I will feel looking back at the beginning of this blog? I wonder if everyone I know will be sick of hearing about my workouts and what I eat? I wonder if it will all be worth it? We’ll see?

I have been taking weekly pictures, but those will stay with me till the end. If anyone is reading this, Thanks!, and have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment