Friday, August 17, 2012

Trust the process.

Day 12
Rest day today! No exercise which is nice. I feel like it is a deserved day. My daughter is having a sleep over tonight with her good buddies. Our house will go from a 2 kid 1 dog house, to a 4 kid two dog house sometime around 3pm. Maybe rest day is not the right term?
Looking forward to just spending some time with my wife, even though we will have some extra company. 

Day 13
13 is my dad’s lucky number. I think of that every time I see a 13.

Rest day number two was great day on the ranch with the family. Had to work a little, but had a relatively relaxing Sunday. A little fishing, and a little shotgun shooting. All in all a good day! Looking forward to a nice MTB ride in the AM!!

Day 14
I mountain biked for about 45 minutes before getting rained out.  I meet with the personal trainer tomorrow.

Day 15
Killer work out with the personal trainer! I ended up losing about six pounds in the last two weeks. We are looking to build a little muscle on my frame so we upped my caloric intake from 2000 to 2500 and hopefully that will maintain me at 150. I was not trying to lose weight but it was awesome to know that there was some change going on. Meeting with the trainer was totally motivating. This is the time where I normally start to lose focus, but meeting with the trainer is the reminder I need to stay on point. Also I have not weighed 150 pounds since highschool.
This process is going to lead to something great!

Day 16
When it rains it pours. What a shitty work day. I did get in a 50 min bike ride approximately 13 miles, average speed about 15.6. My arms are still sore, and I am in search of a work out bench. I can not wait to get home. Treadmill work out tomorrow.

Day 17
Woke up this morning sore and did not want to work out. Family is sick, work has been stressful but, I worked out. Treadmill work out, slayed it! However the insides of my elbows are still sore from the bicep work out the trainer gave me.  My work outs, or rather when I am half way through my workouts or in the middle of my rides when I am exhausted, have become one of my favorite times of the day.  Anyway, I am locked out of my own blog so this is a diary at the moment till I can figure out how to get back in.

Day 17
Lately, when I have been eating, I am not really concerned about flavor as much as nutrients. It is interesting because food is no longer recreational. It feels no different than a work out. Food has become a means to an end. I now realize just how often I ate for comfort in times of stress. How I would be in a shitty mood at work and say oh fuck it let me go get some Burger King or whatever, Burger King is about 100 yards from my office. Now I am just more concerned about what the food is going to do rather than how it is going to taste.

I was talking with the trainer the other day about living with no regrets. I can honestly say that I do that. When I look at my kids I can not imagine changing one thing about my life.  That being said I wish I had been making these health choices for a much longer time.
Today I went for about a 5-6 mile trail run that took me about an hour. My time would have been better, but I ran into a heard of cows and bulls and set off a bit of a stampede. What a cool trail run I found by my place, so beautiful.  

I felt great the whole time. It is like my brain is in some one else’s body. I keep waiting to get tired or want to quit but the more I run the faster I go and the longer I want to go for. After the first 10 minutes once I am warmed up it just feels like I could go all day!
I also try to keep reminding myself that this is a very selfish endeavor. Taking an hour a day everyday just for me was not something I was doing before and again my wife has been so cool about it. However I believe it is making me a better father and husband. At least I hope so.
Tomorrow I think I will pay a drop in fee at the gym because I was unable to find a bench and I need it for the work out tomorrow. If you are reading this you know I figured out how to get back into my blog.
I have been doing a lot of self reflection during my work outs and I just feel so blessed and thankful for everything and everyone in my life!
Trust the process! Much Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment