Friday, September 14, 2012

vincit qui se vincit

Day 43
He conquers who conquers himself...
This is the motto for the high school that I attended. For four years I saw this everyday and it never meant a thing to me. Now at the age of 37 I realize just how true this statement is. We are no good to anyone until we conquer ourselves. Conquer our fears, anxieties, doubts and beliefs. There is a great quote I read the other day by Anthony Robbins, "What we can or cannot do, what we consider possible or impossible, is rarely a function of our true capability. It is more likely a function of our own beliefs about who we are."
This is what we have to conquer. We have to conquer the negative thoughts we have about ourselves, and all the negative thoughts we have about others. We have to keep our minds open to new possibilities, new ideas, and new beliefs. The smartest people are those that are willing to challenge their own beliefs when faced with new information.
What ever it is that you want out of life, it is there for your taking. You just have to convince yourself of this fact. The fact that we are capable of 100 times more than what we currently think we are capable of. Sometime this year try to do something that you think is impossible, you just might suprise yourself. This suprise might just change your whole life!
I did a treadmill work out late night last night, finished the whole thing including 10min warm up run in 36.48. Late night work outs are the shit. I have the workout area, pool, and hot tub all to myself. It also makes for a great nights sleep, if my six month old son cooperates!

Day 44
Rest day, because sometimes you got to go to Lowes instead of working out. Hopefully I will have some new blinds installed in the bedroom by the end of the week. Great day hanging with my wife and than watching the kids! Although it is the hardest thing ever, being a dad is also the most rewarding!

Day 45
I am going to embark on a long ass bike ride today. More details to come later…
Hell Yes! Road Biking is so fun, and really allows me to zone out and get my head clear!
29.82 mi in 1:56:26 Avg. speed 15.37. I think my time was a little better than this because I started the clock before I really got going, so I could roughly knock 5-10 minutes off that time. It is so fun going for that long of a ride and I could have gone farther for sure. I could see this getting addicting. I also did my good deed for the day when I got flagged down by a gaggle of ladies from Arrowhead and changed one of their flats.
I followed this up with a couple miles of hiking with the family. It was so beautiful and just an Awesome Colorado day!

No comments:

Post a Comment