Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Men make plans and God’s laugh...

Day 40
Go Bronco’s!
I beat my best 5k time last night, 3.208 miles in 24:25. Pretty pumped about it. I know it is not that fast but it is a solid 4+ minute drop from my first time! Getting rid of the next  5 minutes is going to be tough. I did not get a ride in this morning, going to take a rest day today. I feel beat up from my run last night.

Day 41
I am headed to the gym for a workout today. 
I am starting to realize that Just wanting something is not enough. Once you decided you want it and start striving for it, that is when the real challenge begins. That is when life starts to test your will, that’s when you start to get knocked down. The questions is how many times are you willing to get back up, to get back up and run even faster into the proverbial wall?

Day 42
Work out was good yesterday. Also went on a nice hike with my wife and son. Going home now for long ass bike ride. Peace!
Men make plans and God’s laugh… No such luck on the bike ride ended up having to take care of an energy audit out at the Ranch. Oh well, looks like another late night run at the hotel or maybe even a treadmill workout.
I also followed up on an epiphany I had the other day. If this whole personal trainer thing is working so well, which it is. What other type of personal training could I do? Well I have a 10:30 Friday morning appointment with my new financial advisor. Time to start killing it in that department as well.
I’ve also been checking out Eric Thomas the Hip Hop preacher a bunch on You Tube. If you are into motivational speakers, he defiantly has a unique style that I like.
Till tomorrow.

1 comment: