Friday, October 26, 2012

“The day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, that's the day you start to the top.”

Day 84
Hit the ghetto barn gym at home yesterday for a good workout.
Great day yesterday out at the ranch. Having the horses out there makes it a whole different experience, “there is nothing as good for the inside of a man as the outside of a horse.” They are such special animals.
Went to the gym early this morning and got in some heavy weights while still keeping my heart rate up. This is going to start getting really fun. I feel like I am about to take this body and my fitness to the next level.
I have two hours of training tomorrow for my personal training. Thursday and Friday I have certified pool operator training all day so should be tough to get a workout in, but I will stick to one of my mottos,
No Days Off!

Day 85
I went for a run today with my son, four miles, about a 10 minute mile. Not two fast, but got something in. Plus my little man is not light, probably pushing about 50 pounds all together with the jogger.
Did my last training at the rec center, I am a now a personal trainer at the Gypsum Recreation Center. Let me rephrase that, once I get a client I will be a personal trainer. My first day on the floor is next Tuesday at 8am.
During the training session I also got my body fat tested 9.2%. I am back up to 152 pounds. My weight seems to be jumping around a bit. I am hoping to put on about 10 pounds of muscle in the next six months.  That is less than two pounds a month, which would put me around 162 by my birthday. If I can keep my body fat below 10% and gain 10 pounds of muscle that would be cool. I am making this up as I write, but just trying to shoot for another goal besides the eight pack.
My goals are refocusing. I want to just work on dynamic health, get a little stronger, add some muscle, keep my cardio up, eat really healthy.
At the end of this road, 280ish days from now I will post a before and after shot of myself as the last post of this blog, but the more I workout the less I am concerned about appearance and the more I am concerned with performance. Although I won’t lie for that last picture I will try to get down to 4-5% body fat.
Got in my 100 push ups today.

Day 86
Went  for a little over five mile trail run in the rain/snow, such a great run. I am at a loss of words to describe how special this run was, kind of an out of body run, really cool. It was surreal, I was so unmotivated to go for a run because of the weather, but once I was out there everything was great. So many things are like that. It is so hard to get things started, or your brain says oh this may happen, or this may happen, but the fact is until you get out there and do it, whatever it is, you will never really know what is waiting for you.
Got in my 100 push ups as well.

Day 87
First snow of the year out at the ranch, hopefully just the start of a heavy snow year. Also if the snow gods are listening, I need it to snow every Tuesday night, thank you!
Tried to get up early for a workout, but didn’t make it in time. Sat on my ass for eight hours in a CPO class, not fun. I was forced to do math equations for the first time in a long time.
Got my 100 push ups in, two sets of 50. I have never done 50 pushups in a row before, felt good about that. Some sit ups and light stretching and off to bed, basically a rest day.

Day 88
I made it in early today and got in an awesome new workout. I found a great website www.fitnessblender.com. Did two different workouts off of this, it was new and fun, and I highly recommend this website. It is 100% free and seems to have all different type of workouts with a really easy to follow format.
I am also a certified pool operator, Yay! Scored 55 out of 60 on the first test I have taken in well over 5 years.
I will get my 100 pushups in along the way today. Last day for pushups, tomorrow I will start on 100 sit ups a day on top of my workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment