Sunday, November 11, 2012

It's never too late to become what you might have been.

Day 89
Crazy weekend. I took a rest day today, to help get everything ready for my daughters birthday party which is tomorrow.

Day 90
Took today off as well for my daughters party. She had such a blast and I think everyone did, kids and adults. Two days in a row with no exercise, I will be honest I was freaking out about it a little, but did not want to make the weekend about my workouts. I will get after it this week.
I had some birthday cake, just for the record.

Day 91
Great road bike ride, I road 16 miles in 57 minutes. I did not do this ride for a good time. It was a workout ride. I set the bike in the hardest gear and did the whole ride. There is one step hill by my house in the last mile of the ride and I down shifted here because the bike was starting to come to a stop and I thought I was going to tip over. My legs were burning.
I am trying to get faster on my road bike. I need a cadence meter for the second workout and the third will be hill climbs. I wish I had a $1000 dollar fitness budget as there is some gear that would help elevate my workouts, heart rate monitor, cadence/speedometer for my road bike, workout bench, kettle bell weights, and exercise pad, and some resistance straps, all in due time.
Today was my daughter’s real birthday. I can’t believe she is five already. I had another piece of cake.

Day 92
First day on the floor at the recreation center. I had someone approach me about training, so hopefully I did a good job selling it.
After working I worked out for an hour. Weightlifting routine with much heavier weights and lower reps.  Felt good to workout, I was sucking for air the whole time, but they have so many fans it was hard to work up a sweat. I maxed out at the 55 pound dumbbells for chest fly’s, will certainly be trying to push way past this in the next couple of weeks.
Diet is going well, 151 pounds on the scale this morning.
I will start the 100 sit up challenge today, since I have not done it up to now.

Day 93
Happy Halloween! Yes I do plan to eat some candy tonight while I walk around trick or treating. That being said today is an awesome day.
First time in a long time my wife and I had a couple of hours together, kid free. We went for a 4.5 mile mountain bike ride, which was my wife’s first real mountain bike ride in a really long time. She was awesome and is looking forward to next week.
Got in my 100 sit ups.

Day 94
Early morning treadmill workout. This is the one workout where at the end I know I have put in work. Life is goood.

Day 95
Got my 100 sit ups in yesterday for a total of 200 which is defiantly a personal one day record. I am going to take my boy for a nice long run later.
My wife went back to work yesterday, full time. A lot more Daddy care going on in the Leto house these days. 

Day 96
Run was good, 4 miles in about 38 minutes, felt nice to be outside. Did not get my 100 sit ups in. Passed out on the couch thinking about doing them?
Watching two little munchkins all day is exhausting. I have so much respect for stay at home moms with little kids!!

Day 97
Did a 30 minutes circuit, chest, back, abs workout in the ghetto barn gym last night. I got my 100 sit ups in yesterday as well. Days are getting shorter here, which makes it harder to get in evening bike ride which was the plan yesterday. I will try again today, but who knows what the day will bring. There will be some sort of workout, which I am sure of.

Day 98
Took Maizy for about a 30 minute chariot mountain bike ride, not much but better than nothing. Got in my 100 sit ups and my abs are for sure sore.

Day 99
Headed to the gym to work and workout!
Got a great workout in, I love lifting weights?

Day 100
Rest Day
Still did 100 push ups and 100 sit ups.

Day 101
Awesome hour long jog/walk with my beautiful wife.

Day 102
Trainer Day- Such a tough workout 300 sit ups, dead lifts, plyo-metrics, heavy weight bench 135x20 times, 3x2x1-225pounds eccentric lifting, an exercise I do not know the name of, and 150 pound rows. Ha hurt so bad I was laughing at the end from exhaustion, but felt so good to make it through.
My workouts are going to change up a bit. I am lifting 3 times a week and going to some boot camp classes for cardio. Also putting two rest days back in the mix.  Trainer said I should be really sore tomorrow, we’ll  see?
Switching the routine up a little to shock the body!

Day 103
Rest Day. I am so sore that the bottom of my feet hurt, that was a serious workout yesterday.

Day 104
Awesome day at home with the kids, got some snow which I am psyched about.
Got in 100 pushup, but still really sore. A lot of people are starting to comment on how different I look. I will admit that I like it, “man you look ripped”, is always a nice thing to hear and I don’t see myself getting sick of it anytime soon.

Day 105
At work this morning, and I will get a run in on the treadmill at some point today. I can not wait to go snowboarding with my wife some time soon. It has been way too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment