Monday, October 8, 2012

“'Tis healthy to be sick sometimes.”

Day 68
I did not do the sprint interval training. It was 12:30am by the time I got on the tread mill. I warmed up for about five minutes set the tread mill to 12.5 and started the first sprint. I made it about twenty seconds before I lost all motivation to continue. I was not at all into it; in fact treadmills in general are something I am not very fond of at the moment. I am going to take this workout outside sometime in the future. I ended up getting on the elliptical machine for about 20 minutes than creating my own little circuit workout. It was fun to do something a little different.
Today I went on a 16 mile bike ride, in about 52 min, taking about 3 minutes off my time, averaged about 3.14 minutes per mile.  Eight miles is down hill and eight miles is up.

Day 69
Last night I woke up at around 3am curled up shaking in the fetal position and threw up, a lot. Spent all day Sunday cramped up and could not eat anything till around 10pm. Not a great day.
Although I did catch some cycling on TV in between the football games, the woman were doing a 16 mile time trial and the winning time was around 32 minutes. The men were doing 30 miles and the winning time was under one hour. Granted the guy that won pretty much passed out at the finish, but that is some impressive bike riding. I also discovered my new favorite TV show, Duck Dynasty.
Really though my wife is the best. She went from having two kids to three and did not miss a beat. She is awesome and in need of a spa day soon.

Day 70
Still feel like shit, but I am vertical so that is an improvement. My lower back is sore from puking so much if that is any indication of the violent nature of my regurgitation.
Going to take it easy today, eat healthy, rehydrate, and try to get to bed early tonight.
Tomorrow I will ease back into a workout, probably hit the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment