Friday, October 5, 2012

“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.”

Day 64
Sweat it all out yesterday. Felt really good to get a workout in. I am off to the gym today to lift some weights. Get some!!

Day 65
I had my first personal trainer training. It was pretty basic paper work stuff and tour of the facilities. I went on a trail run on the boneyard, about six miles long in about an hour. First real steep up hill run. The whole time running up you can’t wait to start running down. When you start running down you realize this is no easier. The irony!
Really beautiful Colorado day.
One thing about the exercise program that I am doing is I get to spend a lot of time outdoors. Everyday I head out I feel so lucky to live in such a beautiful place. It will be interesting to see how this all changes when the cold weather and snow come to town.

Day 66
I took a rest day today. Spent a great day with the family, although my daughter was sick, think she got some food poisoning or something. She is a tough little trooper! It was still a nice day around the house. I cheated a bit on my diet with some pizza. It was delicious!

Day 67
My wife started a new job today.  So I watched both of the groms this morning and it was awesome. I love hanging out with those two little monsters. It is a lot of work, but definitely the most rewarding type!
I have to work today 3pm-11pm shift. I am going to do a late night interval sprint workout followed by some planks, stretching, and swimming. I am not really looking forward to it cause it is no joke, but it is time to make it happen. I will try to beat my last times, especially on the two half miles and last mile? I have the minimus shoes, hopefully my calves hold up.
Thus far this whole experience has been really rewarding. I feel great, look better, and the mental advantages to eating healthy and exercising are just incredible. I feel calmer all the time and focused. What started as an inward journey to make my self look better, has coincidentally made my outward observations look better?
Trying to really focus on food preparation and making sure I bring meals with me everywhere I go. Letting your self get too hungry is a recipe for bad decision making. I am starting to study nutrition to make my self better and to make myself a better trainer. There are so many philosophies, but what has stuck with me the most is just being a conscious eater. Really just thinking about everything that goes in the body and why it is going there?  
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment