Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Xmas!

Day 143-149
12/21/12 - 12/26/12
Man is it hard to make it through the holidays eating healthy. There is just so much opportunity to eat poorly. I certainly did my fair share. I had more cake and cookies than I’ve had in the last 100 days and I even had two drinks on my wife’s birthday. If there is one day out of every year that is not about me it is my wife’s birthday. She asked me if I would have some drinks with her and of course my answer was yes.  A glass of Champaign and a raspberry Saki mojito, hit the spot. So much fun, after 15 years I still love her so much.
On a fitness note that was pretty much it, stayed pretty close to my caloric intake and defiantly put in at least 100 push ups and sit ups everyday I did not make it to the gym or go snowboard.
My wife got me a heart rate monitor for xmas and today was my first day using it, other than the fact that I walked around all day on Christmas letting everyone know what my heart rate was. I am not 100 percent sure what I am doing with it so I just kept my heart rate really high the whole time I worked out today. About 138 - 177 beats per minute during the work outs, including a 14 minute run at 8 and 8.5 on the treadmil with a heart rate of 177-183l. I will run a sub 20 minute 5k at some point this year.  I really do not like treadmills these days? Not sure why, but they make me angry?
Tomorrow I go to my first triathlon club at 5:30am followed by Olympic lifting at 6:30 than to work for a little bit than the whole family is headed to Vail for some mini shred!  So basically I will not be able to walk on Friday.
After the New Year I will try to blog everyday and get back into a routine. New client starts next week, can’t wait! Happy Holidays to everyone, and my heartfelt thoughts to those who Holidays were not blessed with happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment